Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wow it's April!



Well happy April everyone!

Today is a sad day as I say goodbye to Julia. She has trained me well, and been a great friend. And a great opponent in Nertz! She takes off this afternoon and I am on my own to wrap everything up with the group we have this week. These 5 groups are amazing! One thing that a construction assistant said to me yesterday was that her group was the perfect group for that house this week. And that is how I feel about this group as a whole. Our grounds have never looked cleaner, and they have been self-sufficient. And after last week's group this one is a blessing. Different personalities are definitely a blessing and is going to keep me fresh in this job. I can tell it is Thursday because I'm totally exhausted!

We are once again on storm watch but only thunder storms so far! I'm still learning lots in the area of how much to cook, and how much to have on hand. It starts to pile up after a while. But I'm glad for the lesson.

A friend asked me in an e-mail yesterday if I was homesick. Yes I miss my friends and small group girls and family, but I'm not homesick. There is a very special sense of peace inside of me right now because I know I did something right by listening to God and coming down here. This is where I am supposed to be, and because of that, this is now my home! I'm officially here through July. And then who knows. Time flies by but at a different pace down here. I'm defiantly not running like a chicken with my head cut-off any more. More so on Mondays but not throughout the rest of the week. Once this week is over, I'm going to post pictures here and on facebook. There are some interesting ones. I think the ones I'm the most proud of are the individual group photos. They mean something a little more to me because for at least that one week they are my friends. Whether or not I see or talk to them again is in God's hands, but I know that each one has taught me something about me, God, and themselves.

Well, everyone is off, and so am I to run errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment