Thursday, April 9, 2009

Higher up crap!

Today has been interesting, including my fingers not wanting to type correctly. I've been in the office doing computer work all day so far. We have people from Louisville (HQ) here interviewing, and today, they thought I couldn't hear them when they are talking on the other side of my wall. They even went out of their way to get up and mention that my door was closed before they started talking about people I know, and that try to take care of me in this position. I've always been one to hear all and say nothing, but now I feel a little torn. I don't need to get involved with the bigwigs, when it portrays to other people above me, but I now know what my boss meant yesterday when she said that she hates being around them because she feels like a hypocrite, having to say one thing when she feels and does another. I don't know. I know where they stand, but it is awkward to be on this side of the coin waiting to flip it and decide whether or not to relay information, I'm not even supposed to have.

It all feels so Corporate to me, and really, now I understand why things have been so disorganized to get here. At least once I got here there is a process in place that already functions, but I'm hearing stories about how things were and and how they are now, and if things had run in the villages the way they run now, I feel like things wouldn't be so disorganized here. If there is one thing I've learned in the last two days is that even if positions with PDA open up, the one I'm at now, is the best one to have. This very much closes a door on my interest in working for PDA as an employee. I've heard way too much in the last two days, that even I wonder if these people who work for a Christian organization to help people, are Christian themselves or if they have much as far as ethics goes. I'm definitely not comfortable, and I want these people out of my village, so the tension can go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment