Sunday, April 12, 2009

The easter bunny was the main course.

It was a good day...Not just because Jesus has risen, but I didn't spend it alone. I met up with a couple of PSL workers at Lakeview Pres for church this morning, but I got to sleep in which was amazing too! And Susan looked at me after church as asked what I was doing for dinner. I said, "make'n my own" And she said, no you ain't come over to the house and bring a desert. So I made some cookies and brought it over to Susan's house and had dinner with Ally and her daughter who is 2years old. Susan and Christina too. Susan, Christina and I are a group that can talk for hours! Susan is worse than me!!!! Susan made Gumbo and let me tell you, no two gumbos are the same in taste. Ally made her first home made gumbo for lunch today, and it was rabbit and sausage gumbo. I would have love to try that. But I had chicken and sausage gumbo instead. I love gumbo but my stomach doesn't. I just can't pass up the food.

I'm going out on the town to listen to Christina's favorite band tomorrow night. I can't wait. Actually do the New Orleans thing! Christina is great she has daughters my age-ish and is just a cool woman who I've gotten to share a lot with in the last week, and who has shared a lot with me. I am ready for this week! No volunteers so essentially it is a week off for me! And then I'll have a full house with 60ish and at the end of that week, it is my birthday! Can't wait. Well, I'm going to bed because it is 11:23pm and my body is still on routine, with I should be asleep by now. I'll have more to write tomorrow when I'm more awake, since I didn't get a chance to write much this last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment