Monday, April 13, 2009

"Right Key, Wrong Keyhole" ~song by Charmain

Wow, where to begin!

Tonight was awesome. Christina, one of the construction assistants (goddess) took me to Snug Harbor club to listen to one of her favorite bands. First off it was free, because she dated the guitar player and is still really good friend with him. I am too now that he bought me lunch and dinner!

Anyway this singer's name is Charmain. Her band is a Jazz band, and absolutely amazing. Since Christina knows her and the band as soon as we walked in Christina introduced me to Charmain and she gave me a hug and thanked me many times for what I was doing down here. She mentioned how important it is for people like me to come down and help out this wonderful city. This singer has a special switch that she can turn on and off while she sings: she can channel Louis Armstrong as if he was singing through her. And the best part is she doesn't strain her voice at all to do it! It was the most impressive thing I had ever seen/heard! She also could scat! I could never do that if my life depended on it, and she did it perfectly! She could also do it in her Louis Armstrong voice! She literally just kicked off her shoes and sang. Christina is going to take me back the Monday after my birthday, but I have to be prepared to play something, even if it is a shaker. My music skills are nothing compared to this band, but I'll give it a go!

It was so nice to just get out. This was my first night out in down town New Orleans since I got here three and a half weeks ago! It definitely was what I needed. Christina also taught me how to tile today. That was a blast. I actually get to do it tomorrow, being that I'm a visual learner, I watched and repeated today and tomorrow I get to accomplish the task. Detroit, the guitar player bought lunch today, another part of Louisiana that I love. Evey one takes care of everyone else. It really doesn't get better than that!

I'm super sunburned...My back last night started to blister! I've never burned that badly before. Well, now I know that my back can't be exposed to the sun! I'll wear the cut off t-shirt that covers my back more than my tank tops do. My arms got burnt but now they are tan, my face tanned right away that was nice. my chest is a little burned but it is healing quickly.

Tonight was a great night! I'm going to ask Charmain if I can write her biography because as soon as she got on stage I knew she would have one hell of a story to tell. Christina confirmed that for me tonight, so there is no harm in asking.

Well, it is 12:30am, and I'm absolutely exhausted. I'll tell more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment