Saturday, April 18, 2009

Volunteers back in the house

Another week with Volunteers begins!

We just got a couple of groups in, as well as AmeriCorps volunteers. I'm excited about the AmeriCorps because they are here for the next 6 weeks. Doesn't hurt that there are a couple of cute guys in the group too. One in particular. Too bad that I have to be in charge and can't form personal relationships with them. But so goes life! I'm excited to have constant faces for the next 6 weeks. And not too long after they leave, Jessie is coming down! How amazing is that?

I'm excited for this group of volunteers, they seem to know what they are doing. And ready to be flexible, which is good because I have no idea what houses they are working on...I never got that information this week. So I'm not sure what their time sheets will look like. One thing I'll have to scramble to get done during the Project Homecoming orientation. Project Homecoming assigns the groups to the right homes to work on, so it is them who dropped the ball.

I am going to crochet a blanket for this one house we are working on. The house has an interesting patter design on the celing and a different color for each room of the house, so I'm going to use the pattern with all the colors of the rooms.

Well, I'm going to go to bed. I have to get back on schedual of early mornings along with our late nights...Here begins another week!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see a picture of the blanket when you finish it. That's going to be an amazing looking blanket and the homeowner will absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete