Sunday, April 26, 2009

An Awesome Week!!!

For those who don't know, last year I played a lot of cards while I was down here with a group of men from Delaware. I got to share with them, my life, and they shared theirs, and because of them I realized what exactly my calling is down here. To get to know the volunteers. It is great to build houses but someone needs to get to know these people who are giving up a week of their lives/family/jobs and get to know them and their stories.

I got to do that last year with this group of men from DE. I had a very pleasant surprise this morning when I got back from church...Those men are here again!!!! I'm so excited! Not only does it mean that I get to beat them at the card game I taught them last year but I already know them. And they know a lot about me too. I get to continue this relationship! I'm so stoked! It is going to be an amazing week...I'm so excited. I get hugs too!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to share more...for now I have a card game to win.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You found people willing to play cards with you! Sounds like you're going to have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete