Thursday, March 12, 2009

Schedual Closed!

Okay, so I didn't get in to Teach for America...

I've had amazing friends who have all grounded me in saying that maybe this is a good thing. As much as I didn't want to hear it, I'm glad that I heard it so many times. Afterall, who knows what the next doors to be open are going to be?

I love what my friend Michelle had to say..."this is a good thing because now you can focus on New Orleans and working with PDA..." And that is so very true. Thank you Michelle! So with exactly one week until I get to New Orleans, I'm trying to look forward and be very intentional with my prayer time. I really pray that my heart is open to what is coming my way, and that I don't lose focus on my calling to go down there, just because my future after that is in the air.

I'll admit that I am struggling with balancing my time left here in Seattle. I'm booked to try and get everyone in, and when I got home last night, I wanted to crawl under my bed with a flashlight to read with and not come out for at least 24 hours. I'm really struggling to get a full night's sleep. I'm taking benadril to knock me out for 6 uninterupted hours, otherwise, my mind is racing too much to even sleep. That is just me getting excited to leave though. The only problem is that I've been sleeping like that since a week and half before I left for IL. I slept the best at Jessie's.

I'm just running out of time. And that is okay. But from here on out, I'm going to be saying "no" to more get togethers. I can't do it and get my stuff done, and get some quality prayer time in too. So if you want one more chance to see me, come to Northachers park on 3rd NE and 125th between the hours of 3 and 6pm on Sunday. I'll be playing softball there. Other than that, my schedule is closed due to packing and cleaning, and organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment