Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm ready, ready, ready...

Although I'm not looking forward to a weekend filled with "goodbyes" I'm anxious to get them going so that I can leave for New Orleans. I've checked out of work mentally...dubbed by a co-worker and Seniorits, which is about how I'm feeling.

I don't know how I'm going to get everything done, but more than anything I'm looking forward to the little bit of free time that I can muster, to spend in my room packing, thinking, and praying. On Monday I started the book "Yadayada Prayer Group" Book 2. And it is a quick read, but it is also very inspiring. I think the thing that is hitting me the most through this book is starting prayer off with Praise. It doesn't matter what trauma you go through, You are still here to praise God! So I'm trying that. I'm trying to be proactively praising first. I figure, that I'm about to go down to do God's work and I get to pray with different people and groups! Now, I'll be the first to admit that praying aloud is out of my comfort zone...My small group girls can contest to that. But I vowed that 2009 would be the year of stepping out of my comfort zone, and I'll admit it gets easier to pray aloud the more I do it.

I'm ready to leave, and ready to be pulled out of my comfort zone. I'm excited, and ready! More than anything I'm ready for the awkward beginnings to be over, and find my routine! And I'm more than ready to shake up this routine that I've settled myself into in front of a computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment