Thursday, February 19, 2009

Freedom of Speech

Of late, I have been reading some of the Ken Shram articles on Komo's website, and I even signed up to be able to discuss his articles on the comments threads. I Love the fact that as an American I can participate in the discussion, and argue one way or the other. I also love the fact that some of the subjects get people so heated that stupid things come out. I love the fact that I feel educated enough and confident enough to add my opinion. And that I don't mind playing devil's advocate once in a while. But reading the comments really open my eyes to what the general public see as going on, or how other people jump on ban wagons because that is the way the majority is going. I am proud to say that I don't jump on ban wagons until I'm educated in the subject! But at the same time it can scare me how quickly people jump onto things they don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment