Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sweetest Thing...Thank you!

Let me start off by saying, I have the best small group ever!!! These girls are so supportive, and encouraging, and I love them so much.

The day after I got the call from PDA with the offer to head down, I got to hang out with Rachel one on one at her place, and we were talking about whether or not I was going to take the position. Her husband Corbit sat and listened too my "delima" too. The following week when our group met at Rachel's house, I brought a bottle of sparkling cider to celebrate my decision to go down to New Orleans. I was in the kitchen opening the bottle while all the other girls were in the living room. Corbit asked me about my decision then quickly said that he could wait to hear it from Rachel. I smiled at him and told him that I was going. He then took off for his small group too. His group of guys are amazing. We have done game nights and bowling together, so I've at least gotten a chance to meet them and talk with them, and they are just a great group of guys.

Tuesday night at UPC, a couple of the guys from Corbit's small group came up to me and told me that they are keeping me in their prayers as I take the steps for this journey. It hit me how sweet that is. Just knowing that there is others out there actively praying for me, PDA, and this decision. I thank them so much and am very blessed that they are praying for me, and the organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment