Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My News

Lots of things are changing in 2009! And I'm super excited about it. I knew that 2008 was going to be my year of change, and it certainly was. I feel as though I really changed how I view the world, myself, and God. All in good ways! As 2009 quickly came upon me, I realized that this would be the year I had to pull myself out of my comfort zone A LOT!

First things first: I'm up and moving to New Orleans, LA at the end of March. This is a decision that doesn't come lightly, but quickly. Last summer I applied to Presbyterian Disaster Assistance to rebuild full time. 9 months later they called me and offered me a position. Although I spent that Wed crying, being so overwhelmed with the last minute of it all, I decided to take it.

Now comes the hard part, and that is raising the support I'll need to not fall behind in my bills while I'm down there. I do get a small stipend, but it isn't a lot. Between now and the time I leave, my goal is to raise 3,000$ for the 3 months I'll be down there.

This three month commitment is enough for now. I will still be applying to Teach For America, and if I get in (as I really really hope I will) then I will transition right into that. If I don't get in, then I will most likely be signing on to stay with PDA.

Like I said, I'm excited about this change and being pulled out of my comfort zone! This is the first of many blogs to come, and I've created this site for all to read as God guides me through this journey for who knows how long...All in God's timing as I'm slowly starting to understand...I think. Feel free to add your comments and questions to this, and I'll do my best to respond in my next blog. Isn't technology amazing?

Isa. 6:8 "Here am I"
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment