Friday, September 18, 2009

2 months since the last post...

Wow, wow, where to begin...

First and foremost, I should mention that I am no longer working with PDA. New opportunities arose, and have sent me to IL. Yup, that is right, I'm back in the mid-west! I would have never guessed it, but here I am. I was in Seattle for 2 weeks, just long enough to pack my car, say good bye and drive out here.

Now the job search begins. I'm almost to the desperate part of applying for Target. At least Target would be something I already knew. There is a little bit of comfort in that.

Jessie is my roommate now, and she is taking me to get my sub teaching cert. on Monday. and I'm applying for a position at the school she works at that is basically a classroom paraprofessional position. The job title is classroom counselor, but the whole school is a self-contained special ed/alternative ed school. It is both privately and publicly funded, but is considered specifically a privet school. Sounds like a job right up my ally, at least until I get the nerve up to go back to school. I'm holding off on that until at least next fall, so that I'll have residency.

Jessie and I moved into a basement apartment 1bedroom, of a house where some friends of ours just bought and moved into. It is a great place! We are finally finishing up unpacking and this place really feels like home. All I need to survive now is the Internet, so I don't have to spend the days at the library here to get online. Jessie is already complaining that I'm trying to make her fat by cooking...she has lived off of cereal and yogurt, and microwave meals for the last year. But I'm cooking real dinners for us.

I get the apt. to myself with the dog this weekend as Jessie heads to a wedding in MI with her family. I'll be pretty lonely but I'm sure I'll survive. I wish everyone from Seattle could come see this place. It has a big back yard with a fire pit in it. and I can see a whole lot of stars from the back yard at night. It is a little weird being in a small town, but cool at the same time.

My cousin is running in the Chicago Marathon in Oct, and we are going to get together. I'm going to try and get out there to watch him finish...at least that is my hope...I'm not sure what parking is going to look like down there. I have yet to make the drive into Chi-town on my own. I'll have to do that before the marathon just to learn where I'm going.

Well that is the update on me, I need to head home and take care of Molly, and feed myself while I'm at it. Hope y'all are doing well, and I'll try to update more often than I have. But for now it is hard with limited net access.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment