Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pray for my patience...

1. I've been really sick all week!
2. Group leaves 8pm Fri.
3. Phone call at 8:30am Sat. morning
4. Group from South NJ, (Near PA) arrives at 2:30pm
A. Me sitting in my office, Team Leader comes in, "what's for dinner?"
1)We don't provide meals for Sat. It is technically our day off, and it is expected that you are going out to provide your own meal.
B. That wasn't the case last year.
1)Lots have changed from last year...I don't have a problem getting food together for you but I need to be invovled in the process because what you choose to eat tonight cuts into what is planned out for the rest of the week.
C. Well, we've been down 4 yrs in a row now and this hasn't been a problem.
1)Not a problem, I'm just telling you that with my budget, things have changed a bit. I don't mind cooking something for you, it just needs to be factored in with the food I've already boughted for the week as a whole, and I need to be involved in this process.
D. Well, we don't want to cut into your day off.
1) That is very kind of you, but as soon as you arrived, my job starts.
E. Well, it wasn't like this last year.
2) I understand this, but HQ has put more rules in place, and I've tried to organize them into the working camp here. We can figure something out, I have leftovers we can reheat.
F. Why isn't everything the same?
1) Because the way food was organized last year, was hemoraging money, and we need to be good stewards of our resources.
G. Well, then where can we go to eat?
1) There is Remulades on Bourbon, there are lots of places to eat in town. I guess it depends on what you want to eat.
H. Just tell us a place.

At this point I took them to Remulades, and there was going to be an hour wait...which they whinned about. So we went to the sugar shack...Made me pay for my own. And then complained when we got back to camp that I wasn't going to lakeview pres with them...I'm sorry, I told them I wanted to back to City Church which they were welcome to come with me, but the service last week lasted 3 hours and I had no idea how long it would last this Sun. I love the fact that this group of adults makes me want to teach Jr. Highers more than anything else in the world. Silly adults...START ACTING LIKE ONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment